Tuesday, January 18, 2011

role playing

During our in class simulation of role playing I think that some people were actually starting to be their role. I was the drop out, and with people treating me that way it made me feel really bad about myself and like I didn't even matter. Some of the other people with the good roles really started to play their part because they were liking all the attention they were getting.

I think that the guards in the Zimbardo's role playing were the most surprising to me. I don't understand how a person who has a family on the outside can actually treat normal people the way that they were treating the prisoners. After a couple days of this experiment both the prisoners and the guards started to actually be their roles. The prisoners were acting helpless and doing everything the guards were telling them to do even though they really didn't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment